Friday, December 18, 2009

Tiny Sampler

I think everybody loves Costco samples. It's kind of human nature... free food is always pleasant when 1) you're not expecting it, 2) you're a little hungry anyway and 3)it's junk food! Woohoo!
My favorite part of the Costco samples is when I have an impatient, hungry child in my cart. A couple of days ago, I was trying to get through our weekly Costco trip as stress-free as possible. Jordan, however, was trying to shove Emma out of the cart and trying to open everything in the cart. It was really frustrating, but as we passed the enchilada samples, I grabbed one and handed it to Jordan, hoping to keep him happy for a minute or so until we could make it to another sample booth. It didn't. It really really didn't. In fact, by the time we made it to another sample booth, both babies were screaming and so was I (on the inside though). Why? Because as Jordan delicately held his enchilada piece in its little white paper food sample holder, Emma reached over and stole it. And held it so tightly that it squished out of her fingers as Jordan looked on in horror, just before she shoved her hand in her mouth and ate it all. And then he wanted it back.