Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Marco....?

A lot of things go missing in our house. We have yet to find the legendary carton of creamer that mysteriously disappeared. I call it legendary because when a dairy product goes missing from the fridge, there are usually some pretty extensive search efforts involved. We don't really know what happened. Jordan learned how to open the fridge, then some time passed, then we made mashed potatoes one night and used cream, then the next morning we made coffee and wondered where the hell the cream went.

For a while we went through a phase where a lot of stuff was missing on a regular basis. One day I was in the kitchen making lunch when I watched Jordan run through the kitchen with the remote control in his hand and make a beeline for the trash can. We have one of those auto-open-motion-detecting trash cans. It automatically opened and Jordan threw the remote in and ran back to the living room. He came back with my cell phone in his hand and, once again, made a beeline for the trash can. I caught him before my phone received a used-coffee-grounds crust. It's too late for the other missing stuff. But I really hope that the cream suffered the same fate.