Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Halloween Fiasco

I've been trying to find Halloween costumes for the kids for a few weeks now. None of the baby stores I have been to have any good ones! After browsing through five or six different stores in an attempt to find two decent costumes, I finally decided to go to a Halloween specialty store. I assumed they would have plenty of costumes to choose from there... right? Wrong. The first specialty store I went to had two costumes that would fit Emma and only one that would fit Jordan. I didn't feel like dressing my baby girl as a devil or a Tootsie roll, and Jordan was already a pirate last year, so I had them call another store. After waiting a while, the lady who worked there hung up the phone and came back to help us. "They have the Hulk, Shrek, a cow and a devil." Seriously? What happened to all the girl costumes?! This is so frustrating! So today, I made a trip to another specialty store even further away. They had no costumes that would fit Jordan. And they had a no return policy. That's a no-go when you're shopping for kids. So what did I walk out of there with? A realistic looking toy rat that squeaks and has been scaring the sh** out of me all day. Good shopping, Mom.