Monday, August 31, 2009

I Hope That Wasn't Full

We keep two extra propane tanks by our barbeque. I'm not sure why. I think maybe they are backups, but maybe they're just the empty ones that we need to refill. I'm not the barbequer in this family, and my interest in anything pertaining to the barbeque (other than the food that comes off of it) is low to none. But every morning, I sit outside with the kids and drink my coffee while we eat our breakfast and Jordan digs in the dirt (although he's about to have his dirt digging privileges taken away -- just watched him empty his bucket-o-dirt into the pool as I'm writing this). The other morning was no different (except the pool stayed clean that day and the bucket-o-dirt was emptied onto the kitchen floor... he's a sneaky little boy). But as I watched Jordan wander through the yard, filling his bucket with dirt samples from every corner, I noticed that he stopped by the barbeque. He was touching one of the propane tanks, so I walked over there to redirect him... just in time to watch him turn the knob on the top from "open" to half way closed. I really hope that wasn't full. It's not anymore, either way.