Monday, June 13, 2011

What a nice day at the poo-l, dogonit...

My kid sister is out of school on summer vacation finally. But she needs a ride to swim practice on the days that our mom works and I have traditionally taken this responsibility up. Well, now that I have moved across town, it's a little harder to do, so my dear sister cut me a deal. She'll play with the kids and give me a little break on these days before we have to leave for practice. I decided to take full advantage of this opportunity and ask her to throw in swim lessons. Afterall, she is seriously a badass when it comes to swimming and the kids trust her and listen to every word she says no matter what the situation. She is cooler than Mickey Mouse to them at this point. So she agreed to do it and the kids were more than excited to participate. She gave them their first little lesson in their pool today and it was adorable. Then they got out and all things adorable promptly ended when one of them crapped on my mom's patio. While I yelled to Taylor (she ran inside to dry off) to come help me, their little old deaf dog started chow-hounding it up and couldn't hear me as I yelled at him to stop. Then the kids got grossed out and started to run and the dog thought they were playing so he chased them and was trying to lick them, which grossed them out even more and my dry heaves began, causing total loss of control of the situation. Taylor ran out to help and asked where the poop was... Oh no... Dog-on-it... Standing on it now. By the way, Mom, I cleaned it all up but Eddie might smell kind of crappy when you get home. Sorry about that.