Thursday, June 23, 2011

Web of Love

Sometimes I wake up in the morning and realize I'm half way off the edge of the bed and I'm covered in a web of toddler arms and legs. I've been kicked and hit and shoved out of bed by these little 4 a.m. visitors. I haven't slept enough and I'm roasting from all the body heat. And then I realize how blessed I am that my kids love me so much they can't wait two more hours to come snuggle. That something about my bed and my presence is comforting enough to them that they don't mind being squished and hit by each other. That this is free snuggle time - I didn't even have to pay in candy for it. And that I've been given an awesome chance to take a moment from the chaos of our daily grind and almost freeze time. These kids are growing up before my eyes. I can't stop it. I can only enjoy these little things. And I better do that before they wake up and realize they have each others blankies and the fights begin again. ;)