Saturday, May 28, 2011

The Green Puppy

As some of you may know, my son has decided that he would like a green puppy. This was a big deal a month ago when his birthday rolled around. What do you do when you ask your child what they want for their birthday and they tell you "a green puppy"? Anything else? "No the only thing I ever want my whole life is a green puppy." Aww shoot, Buddy... I can do nothing but disappoint you.

Well, I thought this green puppy infatuation would dwindle after all the birthday festivities had passed. Not so. Not so at all. Yesterday, on the way to my parents' house, Jordie started giggling in the back seat...

Jordan: Gwammy said I can have Kai.
(Note: Kai is a MASSIVE white Great Pyrenese. And he drives me nuts because he always wants to slobber on me and push me around. He reminds me of my brothers when I was little. It's kind of a known fact that he drives me nuts... A joke in the family almost. Oh, Kai is also my mom's fifth child and there is NO WAY she said that Jordie can have him. End note.)
Me: Oh really? When did Gram say that?
Jordan: Yestewday. She say I can paint him gween.

Not giving it up, are you Buddy? Hehehe