Thursday, December 17, 2009

You've Been Cut

Yesterday I took Jordan in the shower with me. It's easier that way because he also gets clean and I don't have to worry about him hitting or kicking or smashing Emma in any way. As I was getting the shampoo out of my hair, I felt Jordan standing on the bench behind me, petting my hair. I thought it was extremely cute that he was playing with my hair and being so gentle, and I couldn't help but smile. Until I was done washing my hair and looked down to find chunks of it on the shower floor. And turned around to see my son with a huge smile on his face and my razor in his hand.

Today I was sitting in the bedroom, trying to get my sweet little Emma down for a nap. I could hear Jordan playing in the bathroom, but it didn't sound like he was getting into anything so I didn't worry too much. I finally got Emma to sleep so I walked into the bathroom to check on Jordan. To my horror, there was toothpaste EVERYWHERE. It was smeared across the cabinets, on the toilet seat, on the shower door, on the floor... and there was something else on the floor. There sat my son. With my razor in his hand. With chunks of his own hair smeared into gobs of toothpaste. His cute, fluffy curls... on the floor... and we were going to do Christmas pictures this weekend... My timing is impeccable.