Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Mama, Oh No!

I was trying to finish wrapping the last of our Christmas gifts after dinner tonight. Emma had already gone to bed and Dave was reading to Jordan in the living room, so I had a free moment. I needed more wrapping paper. We keep it above the cabinets in the laundry room, so I climbed up on the counter to get it. I was digging through a couple of boxes to find what I wanted when Dave came rushing in with Jordan. Both of them looked up at me standing there and Dave started laughing, then explained what happened.
Jordan had followed me into the laundry room and saw me climb up and stand on the counter. He ran back in to Dave and said "Mama, oh no! Mama, oh no!". Then he started walking away, saying the same "Mama, oh no!"... So Dave followed him, expecting to find me injured on the floor somewhere. I'm glad my son knows it's bad to stand on the counter when I do it!