Sunday, November 15, 2009

Wata Made You So Late?

We were planning on going to a friend's house for a play day a couple of days ago when I nearly lost my mind. We were in a hurry to get ready because I lost track of the time. Emma had taken a bath the night before, so I didn't think she needed another one when we were already running late. But it's easy enough to take Jordan into the shower with me. I dressed Emma quickly while the water warmed up and put her in her Bumbo seat next to the shower. After our shower, I dried Jordan off and ran to grab him a diaper. I came back less than thirty seconds later to find Jordan with his bath bucket (that we use for washing hair in the tub) in his hand. He had clearly emptied it onto Emma at least once, and onto the floor a couple of other times. I wrapped a towel around Emma and grabbed Jordan. I put his diaper and clothes on him as quickly as I could and ran to grab new clothes for Emma. Upon my return about twenty seconds later, I found Jordan sitting in the bath tub. Fully clothed. Soaking wet. We were late that day.