Sunday, October 4, 2009

Parking Lot Imperfection

The problem with shopping at stores like Babies R Us is that pregnant women shop there too. At the store we regularly go to, there are special parking spots for expecting mothers but the spots are normally all taken. I parked next to one of these spots the other day and decided they really should designate more of these spots after I opened my door and kicked my leg out before looking down at the ground. And milliseconds before my foot hit the ground, I frantically pulled my foot back into the car and slammed the door shut, throwing the car into reverse without hesitation. I backed up all the way to the parking spot on the other side of the street, and the pile of vomit that my tire had already rolled through (and that I came centimeters from plopping my foot straight into) followed us across the parking lot. I just decided to keep driving.