Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I'm Not So Tricky

Ever since Jordan decided to be his own person and start feeding himself, he has refused to let me feed him. This makes getting vegetables into him a huge problem. I heard you have to trick kids into eating veggies by sneaking them in to things, so I've been trying to come up with ideas. Unfortunately I'm not very tricky. But today I found something genius at the grocery store. Yogurt (a dairy product so I know he'll love it) with bananas (already his favorite food) and some stealthy sweet potatoes hidden in the mix. I got home and thought I'd try it out on him. I gave it to him in his highchair while I threw together some veggie soup (I'm terrible at hiding veggies for the adults in this house too but enough garlic and onion can almost fix anything here). I checked on him here and there to see how he liked it. He loved it! So much he thought he would get creative. It was everywhere but in his stomach. If you have never seen a child with a yogurt coating, it's really entertaining. It was very hard to keep a straight face while I told him that one was not ok. My discipline is ineffective because I can't not laugh when my son is naughty. Why did God make kids so cute?