Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Bye Bye Bassinet

We got rid of the bassinet yesterday. By that, I mean that it's in the back of my closet, on top of the giant stack of other junk that I'm going to weed through and clean out. I really am going to do it. It's on my to do list. It gets moved to the "tomorrow" section of my to do list every day, but it's on there nonetheless. It made me a little sad to get rid of the bassinet, not only because I now have a huge crib on my side of the bed where my nice little bedside table once stood, with my nice little phone charger and my nice little water bottle. But because my nice little baby is also turning huge.

As I was disassembling the bassinet yesterday, I started reminiscing... thinking about bringing our little girl home and putting her in her bassinet for the very first time, and how tiny she looked in there. And then I remembered Jordan's discovery of the bassinet. He discovered it only a couple of months ago. He crawled onto our bed and across my bedside table, knocking everything in his path to the floor. He climbed into the bassinet, sat down, then flung himself backwards. That was when he learned about the bouncing feature of that particular bassinet. From that day on, I couldn't keep him out of the bucking bronco bassinet. Even when Emma was already in it.