Sunday, September 20, 2009

No Thank You

I fed Emma too many bananas last night. She just started eating solids a few weeks ago, and she really likes bananas. She wont eat rice cereal, so I thought I would give her two of those tiny jars of bananas to help her through the night. She ate them like a champ! About ten minutes later, I had her sitting on my lap, getting some lovey time before I put her to bed. And suddenly (very suddenly), I was covered in a slobbery banana-milk spew. I would estimate the volume at about a half gallon. It definitely increased in volume at some point between the first time it passed her lips and the second. We were both so covered that I thought clean up would be easier if we just got into the bath. And as we sat there in the bathtub, rinsing the slime off of us, Jordan came in with a spoon. The same spoon, in fact, that I had been feeding Emma with. The same food, in fact, that I had been feeding Emma with. And before I could snatch the vommit-filled spoon away from him... he ate it.