Thursday, September 17, 2009

Mattress Topped

I took the kids to Babies R Us a few weeks ago to pick up a new mattress for Emma and a some Diaper Genie refills. Jordan threw a tantrum when I was standing by the mattresses, trying to figure out the difference between “supreme support” and “premium support” other than ten dollars. I mean, should I splurge and get the mattress with the cover where the lambs are happily sleeping or do I want the mattress with the lambs jumping the fence for fifteen dollars less? And does it matter if the mattress has four brass vent holes versus six brass vent holes? And what is the difference between “comfortable but safe” and “firm but comfortable”? Anyway, I was obviously taking too long for my impatient son, so I let him out of the cart to stretch his legs and walk around. After all, we were in the mattress section, so there really weren’t small things around for him to get into. I had him in my peripheral vision while I continued to contemplate which mattress would be best (I had gone in there thinking I would just get the same one that Jordan has, but when I got there I couldn’t remember if his lambs were sleeping or jumping). So I was standing there in all my frustration and Jordan began laughing. I looked over at him. As he climbed to the last step of the wheel-around ladder the store keeps for retrieving the bulk items from overhead. Nice. Mother of the year.