Friday, September 18, 2009

In Your Face

Emma woke up around 8am this morning in such an adorable, happy little mood. She was being so cute, and I was having so much fun snuggling her up. I was giving her raspberries on her tummy and cheeks (she's chubby enough for me to get her cheeks now too, and she thinks it's hilarious), when I decided to play the airplane game with her. So I lifted her above my head and was flying her around in circles when the semi-digested milk came spewing out of her mouth with such velocity and volume that I didn't even see it coming. Not until it hit my eyelashes.

Later on, as we were sitting outside enjoying our breakfast, I took Emma's overly full diaper off so that she could enjoy the fresh air. I thought the worst thing that could happen would be that I got peed on a little. And I did. It soaked my shorts, but it's infant pee, so I didn't really care. I figured she was empty, so I laid her in my lap with her head on my knees and was playing with her feet, having her "kick" herself on her cheeks. She was not empty. And when I put her feet on her cheeks, she pressurizes. She peed so far it hit me in the face and ran down my shoulder and arm. I'll be showering now.