Thursday, September 3, 2009

Disappearing Act

I took the kids to Target a while back on one of my boring days (the days where you have nothing fun to do but you want to feel like you have accomplished something with the 24 hours you have on your hands but everything on the to do list is ranges from "sweep the garage" to "clean out the back of the closet" so you think a trip to the store could be an excusable task to add to the list... afterall, your face wash is half empty). While I was there, I thought I'd browse through the clothing section to see if I could find some more fat clothes. Target has great cheap clothes. Jordan was in the basket of the cart and, at the time, Emma was still in the infant seat, so she was in the front part of the cart. I was meandering through the clothes when I felt the cart catch on something. I thought the wheel must be stuck on some clothes so I shoved the cart pretty hard to get past it. That was when I heard a shriek. I immediately checked to see what I had run over when I saw that Jordan was not in the cart anymore. Then I saw my son hanging about three feet off the ground by a dress, clinging with white knuckles. That was just the first time Jordan performed a disappearing-from-the-cart act. We don't take the cart through the clothes sections anymore.