Wednesday, August 19, 2009

There are some things Drano just can't fix.

I would like to know what plumber sold his soul to the children. I thought that the devastation my son felt after shoving his rubber ducky down the shower drain would deter him from putting other things down the drain. Wrong. Big fat wrong. The ducky was rescued with a pair of industrial sized tweezer looking things that Daddy-the-Hero found in the garage. Since then, Jordan has been smart enough to avoid putting his toys down the drain. Instead, I have lost my pumice stone, a travel-sized bottle of shampoo, a pair of tweezers, an eyeshadow applicator, some coins, an expensive make-up brush, several Q-tips, a toothbrush, a travel-sized tube of toothpaste, a razor, some cotton balls, a lip gloss, a pen, toilet paper, an eyeliner, nail clippers, a nail file and a baby spoon. Not all of these have been retrievable. I have been terrified that, at some point, one of those nasty hair balls that occasionally accumulate in the drain would tightly weave all of the irretrievable items together and end up costing us thousands of dollars to fix. Because that's something I just don't think Drano could possibly fix. However, my fears were relieved when I recently discovered that those hairy gunk magnets never make it very far down the drain. How did I discover this phenomenon? I took Jordan into the shower with me the other day to let him play in the water. He looked up with me with a huge grin on his cute little face. And stuck out his tongue.